Pay & Benefits
- Starting Salary: $48,783.73
Based off 12.25 hour work day, 85.45 hour biweekly pay period.
- Education Incentive Pay
- Associate's degree: $1,000
- Bachelor's degree : $2,000
- Master's degree: $3,000
- Shift Differential
- $0.50/hour for 12 p.m. - 12 a.m.
- $1.00/hour for 6 p.m. - 6 a.m.
- Sign-On Incentive
- $8,000 sign-on incentive for GA POST certified candidates
- $4,000 sign-on incentive for non-POST certified candidates
After 80 hours worked in a bi-weekly period, you are paid time and a half for any additional hours worked. Overtime is added to your gross income and is not treated as comp time. Overtime is frequently available.
Emergency Communications Officers work a 12-hour shift with a 3 day on/2 day off followed by a 2 day on/3 day off work cycle. This provides a 3-day weekend every other weekend.
Additional Benefits Available to Employees
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental Insurance
- Free Wellness Clinic
- Live-Health Online
- Peace Officers' Annuity and Benefit Fund (POAB)
Paid Vacation Leave
- 13 days per year / 1 year of service
- 15 days per year / 5 years of service
- 20 days per year / 10 years of service
- 22 days per year / 15 years of service
- 25 days per year / 20 years of service
There are 11 paid holidays per year.
Sick leave accumulates at 4.0 hours per bi-weekly.
Eighteen (18) days paid Military Leave.
Bereavement Leave Policy
Full-time Employees will receive up to 3 days of bereavement leave with pay for 24 hours. Employees working in part-time positions shall be eligible for bereavement leave equal to 3 part time days off with pay.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Employees are eligible for 6 weeks paid leave.